Again, let’s go with the highlights, grouped into different areas of my life:
- Well, number one has to be getting married. I’ve been married before, but it seems like another lifetime ago to me now. I really feel like I am embarking on the adventure of married life for the first time. First time round, I didn’t really understand the significance of what I was doing. I do now. I have truly met the man of my dreams and I want to spend all my days with him. Even the ones where he won’t STOP TALKING and leaves his socks and shoes laying around for me to trip over.
- I am so looking forward to becoming a Frayle. The Frayle’s are a cool bunch of people (you know who you are) and I am so happy to have a new big and bustling family around me. I have to break the bad news though, I will be a Frayle in my heart, but not name. After we get married I want to keep my name Thompson. There is a long and complicated reason for this – but I can explain that another time.
- I look forward to the birth of my next grandchild, due in September. I’ve loved being a Nana, and although I imagine that two of ’em will be a challenge, it’s a challenge I meet with relish.
- I am looking forward to watching Wyatt grow and develop. His little personality is starting to come out and I kinda like it. He’s a strange one.
- I look forward to watching Bronwen grow and develop. She has changed a lot in the year I’ve known her – become more responsible and a great little team player in the Frompson household. It has been a big change/challenge for her and I’m proud at how she’s stepped up.
- My little Meagle is planning on moving out of home sometime this year, so I have hopes and dreams and plans for our new extra space.
- I am looking forward to finishing a season of hockey in the women’s league and then signing up for the social B grade next season, having a season already under my belt. If I fall over less often than Paul did last year, I’ll feel pretty good about myself.
- I’d really like to score a goal in Futsal. I think I’ll work on my ‘being able to kick the ball instead of squealing at it’ skills for now.
- I am looking forward to developing my project management skills, and growing into the role of educational designer.
Random other hopes/dreams/plans
- I plan to be the proud part-owner of an iPad in the not-to-distant-future.
- I am looking forward to getting an iPhone 3GS later this year.
- I am looking forward to going to Lake Tekapo in the wintertime and skating on the outdoor rink there.
There are so many other small things bubbling away that fill my time and attention, I couldn’t begin to list them all. Suffice to say, I am planning on having a great year. I know it’s not all going to be roses. Life will always throw me curve balls, but I know that the hard times are what make the good times so good!