Compiling this list was harder than it seems!
1. I was born at Calvary Hospital – a Catholic birthing hospital in Christchurch. It’s called Southern Cross Hospital now.
2. I was born Brigid Susan Thompson.
3. I’ve changed my name several times in my life – I’ve been Brigid Thompson, Brigid Jeavons, Brigid Gosset, Brigid Thompson (again), Brigid Crone, Brigid Thompson (again), Brigid Frayle.
4. This year I legally changed my name from Brigid Susan Thompson to Bebe Brigid Thompson – but I’m still known as Bebe Frayle because of being married.
5. I spent a lot of time as a child worrying about nuclear armament. I once wrote a letter to Hamish Hay , Christchurch’s Mayor at the time, to ask him to help stop nuclear war.
6. In 2002 I weighed 125kg. I currently weigh 75kg. At age 15 I weighed 45kg. It’s been a life-long struggle.
7. I have a birthmark on my left thigh.
8. I gave birth to my son 10 days before my 16th birthday.
9. My school leaving certificate notes my last day of school as 14th November, 1988 – my son’s birthday. In reality I was asked to leave school months earlier but they kept me on the books until the last day they were legally required to.
10. I had my daughter 3 years later, just after my 19th birthday. A lot of people thought she was an “oops” baby. She was planned – I didn’t want my son to be an only child.
11. I have three degrees – Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts with First Class Honours, Master of Arts, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching to round things out.
12. My first proper job was as a tutor at the University of Canterbury at age 27. I was a late bloomer!
13. My second proper job is my current job.
14. The first computer I ever saw / touched / played with was an Apple IIe. It was magical, and kick started my passion for all things Apple.
15. The first computer I purchased was a MacIntosh Classic, for $1,500 in 1995. Also magical.
16. I became a grandmother on my 36th birthday. When my kids were young I used to joke about being a grandma before I was 50. I try not to joke about becoming a great-grandmother before I’m 60.
17. I’ve had sultana bran and a cup of coffee almost every breakfast for the past 15 years.
18. I never cared much about material things growing up, but I always wanted a diamond ring and a brand new car. Now I have both.
19. I met my husband on a blind date on 1st March 2009. We got engaged on 1st March 2010 and married on 1st March 2011. He’s the man of my dreams.
20. I love to write lists. They create order out of chaos and help me to feel calm.